We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

can anyone tell me what this hole is?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

kube1

can anyone tell me what this hole is?

Post by kube1 »

can anyone tell me what this hole is? I cleaned out the carb and for the life of me i cannot tell if this hole was plugged or is a vent or what?! here's the pic with an arrow pointing to the hole. i've been having trouble with carb flooding. the float broke in half and was glued back together. the needle and seat seal well when up, but the float does not seem to want to float high enough to close the valve. is this hole related to the trouble?

http://members.shaw.ca/kube1/carb.jpg
jstoeckly

already covered....adjust your float?

Post by jstoeckly »

http://kittycatsnowmobiles.com/techhelp ... .php?t=980

Try doing a search for this but I posted a link - same topic on this page. This site is AWESOME for troubleshooting the gremlins in these little sleds - just use the search feature & I'd bet nickels to dimes you'll find your answer.
Good luck & hope you get'er fixed.
Jim
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Jim, Your the Man..... I think :-)
kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

yes....it is a vent hole....there is a late at the top of the carb(actually underneath" with 3 post peened over. the start of the vent hole is under that plate.....If you have fuel coming out...your float level is to high.....if it is a old carb the needle and seat are not setting properly over time....it may be time to replace the needle and seat
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

BILL ROCKS!
KITTY CATS ROCK!