We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Electronic ignition for older Kitty Cat Awsome EZ to install

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

blaster

Electronic ignition for older Kitty Cat Awsome EZ to install

Post by blaster »

have come up with the end all to the dreaded point problem in the older Kitty cats that use points and condenser sets. You do not need to time the engine anymore and you do not need to be buying the 45.00 point set every year. This is EZ to install and you will never need points again. It will take 10min to install with no hassle or soldering. There is instruction and pics for the Kitty cat engines. And there is pics for other 2cycle engines in the kit also. You can use this kit on any single cylinder snowmobile out there. Email for info. The kit is 60.00 + shipping. Patent pending. Price is for the Holidays
keaster37

Electronic ignition

Post by keaster37 »

Thanks for the great product. My daughters kitty cat is running better than ever. I will definetly spread the word. Thanks for all the work you did for me, my daughter is feeling awesome. Give me a call when your in my nexk of the woods if we ever get show.
blaster

Post by blaster »

Thanks for the nice words. It was nothing just like to help out if I can. The system is awsome and works on all points engines for kitty cats and 1 cylinder 2 cycles. Never need points again. Have fun.
ttw_walman

Post by ttw_walman »

I too have purchased the eletronic ignition kit from blaster. Once I had the flywheel off it took me about 45 minutes to install. I had a short wire so I had to take the primary coil off and fart around with getting more length. My points and ignition were replaced before I owned the sled and the previous guy must have been a hack. What I can say is that the original setup did not have enough power to trigger my timing light. This new one does. STRONG spark!!! But with the governor bypassed I don't think the original timing is ideal for the higher RPM's that I am now getting. So I rotated the plate under the flywheel to advance the timing as much as I could. WOW what a difference in power. This thing screams. Sounds like a BIG chainsaw tearing through the woods. I was a little worried about pre-ignition but my plug is black and my son has put on 31 miles this weekend without a problem. (YES 31 miles. My Wife,14 year old and myself take turns following him on the 370)

I would recommend this Kit but I would also recommend not leaving the timing at the factory setting

Walman
blaster

Post by blaster »

TTW thanks. I did not list the timing thing because I did not want to get into the problem with the governer by-pass settings. You are right about changing the timing for the governer by-pass. It needs more for the higher RPM's. Tell a friend. This works and is simple to install. Happy sleding.

RKM's Cross Over
blaster

Post by blaster »

Keaster37 I know you had to be out in this new snow we got. How did the Kitty cat go? All of the kits are running great. Hope you had fun.

Roger
rev_man

Post by rev_man »

Blaster,

I sent you an Email looking to purchase one of your kits.

Mike
rev_man

Post by rev_man »

I also purchased one of Blasters unit's. Real nice product and his service is second to none. Best money I spent on my Kitty so far.

Thanks again Blaster for all your help!!!!

Mike
blaster

Post by blaster »

Thanks Rev Man hope you have fun with your cat this year.