We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

99 kitty cat track stopped turning

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

duck

99 kitty cat track stopped turning

Post by duck »

I have a 99 kitty cat and the track stopped turning. Can anyone tell me what may be the problem. It runs perfect track just stopped turning when my son was riding it. thanks for the help.
ttw_walman

Post by ttw_walman »

You just need to slean up your axles and get some grease on them. The platic wheels just spin on the metal axles. With all of the spacers and washers under there you probrably got some water between things and it just started corrodeing over the off season. I take mine apart before storage,clean things up and then apply cheap grease liberally. It will probrably work for you
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

While those bogeys can get sticky and slow things down, I doubt they would completely stop the sled while it is being ridden. Check them, but also look for:
-binding in the chain, perhaps around the tensioner
-seized berring on the drive axle
-ice or debris in or above the track

Tha last one is likely, as there is not a lot of room between the bulkhead (front of the tunnel) and the tip of the track lugs where it rolls over the drive axle. Try turning the track backwards by hand and see if it frees up.
duck

Post by duck »

Thanks So Much .
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Another possibility I though of last night is it could be the pin/bolt that holds the driven sprocket onto the drive axle could have sheared off. This would cause the engine to run fine but the track not turn. However the track would likely satill roll freely.