We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

77' kitty - won't run

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

winslowd

77' kitty - won't run

Post by winslowd »

Anybody have any suggestions?

77' kitty, suzuki motor. I just replaced crank seals. Still won't run. I cleaned the carb and it has good spark. it has 105 psi compression at 6000'. i can get it to fire right after first pull and then thats it. Almost like it is getting hammered with fuel. Float looks ok and valve seat. I am kind of at a stand still and I don't really want to dump a whole bunch of money into this thing. Next year, my son will have outgrown it. Anybody have any ideas? thanks,

Denver
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

YOu could try just going thru it again, a small piece of dirt, maybe from the fuel, could cause it to stick. I had a bad needle seat and on the 3rd try I got it to stop leaking.
winslowd

Post by winslowd »

That could be it. Did you have to order a new needle and seat or could you get the old one to work?
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

I replaced a couple of the o-rings and gaskets, but the needle and seat were a little pricey and mine didn't look bad so I held off. It seems to be sealed fine now. Also double check your float adjustment.