We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Lights working?

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

yellowlab2

Lights working?

Post by yellowlab2 »

Dumb question...just got a well loved '97 and am starting to clean it up and get it ready for winter. I've only started it once, but I was surprised to see that the lights didn't come on. I don't know if they are burned out, or is there some trick? I don't see a switch, so I assumed that they would come on when it was running...all of the wires seem to be together....any ideas?
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Mine does not have lights, but I can share some basic troubleshooting. I dont think there's a switch, so if they're not working, check the bulbs first. If they are good then start at one end of the wiring and work your way to the other with a test light. Hopefully that will help you find the fault. If all the bulbs are burnt out, there's a good chance the voltage regulator is no good. I dont know what the KC one is like exactly, but ususlly they are pretty basic and easy to change. Before that, it may be cheaperto just change the bulbs. If they keep burning out, then you need a VR.

Hope that helps.
Jonn

Light Bulb

Post by Jonn »

I have new light bulbs in stock if you need one.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296