We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

How much resistance?

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

How much resistance?

Post by Guest »

How much resistance should be felt when you try to turn the track by hand? With the sled off the ground I can put a finger in it and pull the track around but it takes a good pull. Should they move with little effort? All the bogeys are turning freely but maybe my rear sprocket needs some work?
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

the easier the better ..less resistance means a faster kitty. on one that is set up right, e you can give a tug and will go around a few times on its own.. but you need to keep them lubed up properly to achieve that. and it helps to have the boogey wheels with the bearings, the bushings dont rotate as freely

Post by Guest »

Even with the chain still hooked up to the clutch it should move that freely? I must have a problem because it is not even close to that!
Like I said, I can move it, but it does not move around on its own.
Could anything else be causing this?
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Sometimes you nedd to loosen up the track a little also loose is good, as long as it doesnt skip.. It takes some timeand effort to get everything greased and spinning freely, once you get it working that good, you need to stay on it, by lubing the heck out of it before and after your kid uses it. drop the suspension and take it apaort.. clean up the shafts with a wire brush or wire wheel and grease the heck out of everything as you put it back together. Good Luck
Bill Tripp

roll that kitty

Post by Bill Tripp »

How you want it to roll depends how much time you want to put into it....the people who race them do this....1. take out the grease seals in the head shaft and wash out the grease and spray them with Tri-flow 2.take off the twist-lock collars off the headshaft and put on split collars so the headshaft spins freely in the headshaft bearings 3. all bearing bogie wheels also have the grease seals taken out of them and spray with tr-flow also 4. then spray silicone on the track squares where the headshaft sprockets go into....with the sled on the ground put your hand behind the sled and push lightly and the sled should roll across the garage floor with hardly any effort......that's the work you put into it when you race them.....