We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

carb upgrade

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

dawsosdad

carb upgrade

Post by dawsosdad »

can anyone help me choose the proper carb to upgrade from stock ,i've done the gear change and that helped but would lick to get a little more sizzle out of it any help to choose the proper size or model would be great[/i][/b]
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

you need to change the jet and the needle and seat.. changing the carb would kind of be a waste of monet unless you were going to do some machine work. I have been told that one of the keys to making these things run good is to make sure the crank is balanced and your ignition is set up right
Jonn

Carb upgrades

Post by Jonn »

dawsosdad:

Harry is right in that there are many things that can be done before your Kitty Cat engine is running great, aside from the carb. It's a long list and dependent on what you want to use the Kitty Cat for. If it's going to be used for stock racing we can't do things like shave the head. There are many things that can be done, so let me know if you want to discuss your options.

As for the carb...and to answer your question, there is an 18mm Mikuni upgrade carb that fits the Kitty Cat perfect. We have these in stock and sell them separate or as a kit. The kit includes the carb, throttle cable, fuel pump & pressure bypass, gas line, upgrade main jet, barb adapter, and instructions. Let me know if you interest in discussing this as well.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
jstoeckly

maybe an option?

Post by jstoeckly »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PZ-19-19 ... dZViewItem

I have no idea but poss. a low $$ option, get a pump, spacer & cable....