We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

12, 13 tooth clutch

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

dave

12, 13 tooth clutch

Post by dave »

what are the advantages to using a 12 tooth or 13 tooth clutch on the kitty when racing????

Dave
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Using a bigger sprocket in the front is like having a smaller sprocket in the back. the smaller the rear sprocket the faster the top speed. I am not sure about racing I know in a bunch of the classes they wont let you change the front sprocket size from an 11t
Jonn

Reply: 12, 13 tooth clutch

Post by Jonn »

Harry's right. Most people leave the front sprocket alone and just change the driven sprocket to change the ratio between the top end and hole-shot. A larger driven sprocket give you fast from the starting line but low top-end speed. A smaller driven sprocket gives you a slower start from the line but gives you a faster top-end...to a point.

Some of our customers state that when they can't quite dial their sled in by just changing the driven sprocket that by going up one or two teeth on the drive sprocket it gives them more adjustment. Theoritically it shouldn't make a difference when you calculate the gear ratio to be the same, but some swear it makes a difference. For me the jury is still out.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296