We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Removing front shaft and drivers

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

kdubtpr

Removing front shaft and drivers

Post by kdubtpr »

I just acquired a well used 1994 Kitty Cat from my brother who added a couple studs in the track. I removed the rear skid and loosened the two bolts on each side of the tunnel that hold the front shaft and drivers to the tunnel, what else do I have to do to get that shaft out of the tunnel to remove the track? There has to be something simple Im not doing. Any help would be appreciated.
dantheman

undo the locks

Post by dantheman »

ok the bearings have cam locks on them on the inside of the bearing you will see a collar looking piece, its part of the bearing you need to loosen the setscrew and then twist the collar until it comes loose then the bearing will move, unless its rusted solid to the shaft, usually a bit of persuation with an impact tool of some sort :) will help

dan
kdubtpr

Post by kdubtpr »

Thanks. I saw the set screws. I will just have to use a little more persuasion!!
Vinman

Removal of the front shaft

Post by Vinman »

I had the same problem last week. I was able to remove the sprocket and with A LOT OF PERSUASION able to drive the shaft off the passanger side. I was dealing with a lot of rust since it is a '77.