We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

track direction

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Cat dad of 2

track direction

Post by Cat dad of 2 »

I am in the process of restoring 2 sleds one 97 and one 98. While replacing the drive bearings i noticed the sled tracks have an arrow on both tracks and the arrow was pointed in the forward direction. Is this a coincidence or is this a directional track? Has anyone successfully flipped the track around?

Post by 72 »

Yes, I would also recommend flipping the drivers if there are worn spots on them.
Cat dad of 2

Post by Cat dad of 2 »

Thank you 72. I have read one of your previous posts and flipped the drives on one sled already. The second sled I have to replace the drives on had melted or deformed around the roll pin and had been running out of sink with the other drive slightly marring the track. This is why I would like to flip the track. I just bought these sleds last week, did not realize I was getting into two frame up restorations. I have spent more on replacement parts than I did on one of the sleds. I bought a lot of parts from Jonn Olsen he seems very helpful. This web sight is a gold mine of information.
Cat dad of 2

Post by Cat dad of 2 »

While flipping drivers I was surprised to see you can get the drivers out of sink. I just turned it on the shaft 180 deg and they both lined up. Glad I caught this before I reinstalled.