We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1985 Kitty Cat Retro Fit

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

olrusty70

1985 Kitty Cat Retro Fit

Post by olrusty70 »

I picked up a Kitty Cat, did a complete rebuild on the engine bearings everything. The carb was shot broke apart in my hands as I went to clean it. Bought a new pumper carb for a Toro 2 stroke snowblower. Had to do some modifying of the throttle shaft but got it to work. It will start and run just fine but after awhile it starts to bog out and will not even get itself moving. Thought it might be creating a vacuum lock in the tank, not the case. I am looking to put a new clutch spring in there? Maybe that will help some? This has to be a fuel issue but I don't know what! Going to take it all apart tonight and try to figure it out again. Any help?? The girls want to ride!!!

Re: 1985 Kitty Cat Retro Fit

Post by 72 »

olrusty70 wrote:I picked up a Kitty Cat, did a complete rebuild on the engine bearings everything. The carb was shot broke apart in my hands as I went to clean it. Bought a new pumper carb for a Toro 2 stroke snowblower. Had to do some modifying of the throttle shaft but got it to work. It will start and run just fine but after awhile it starts to bog out and will not even get itself moving. Thought it might be creating a vacuum lock in the tank, not the case. I am looking to put a new clutch spring in there? Maybe that will help some? This has to be a fuel issue but I don't know what! Going to take it all apart tonight and try to figure it out again. Any help?? The girls want to ride!!!
If it runs ok right after cooling down, it sounds like heat soak.