We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

No plate - How do I tell what year Kitty Cat I have???

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Kimbees

No plate - How do I tell what year Kitty Cat I have???

Post by Kimbees »

So, I bought this as "package deal", the seller just kind of threw it in. Low and behold it ran! We tinkered with it and it ran all winter for the kids.

So, now I'm ready to restore it, sort of.

I think it's between a 72-77. But I can't find ANY information to narrow it down any better then that. It's pretty much stripped of any useful information though we haven't gotten into the tear down yet.

There is of course no plate. The only hope I think I have is on the engine cover (the plastic part which is viewable without lifting the hood - when looking at it from where you'd sit). It says "60 F/C 0662-108". What would that mean?

I will attach pictures and ANY information would be of great help. I can't very well order things if I don't know what it is :roll: Though, they don't really look like they've changed much in those years.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ooh, anyone know how to insert a photo???

steve0

Post by steve0 »

To post a photo you need to have the photo hosted somewhere like photobucket.

Once the photo is hosted on photobucket you link to it by using the Img tag button above. You click Img, insert the link to your photo, click Img to close the link.

It will look like this: [img]http://..........[/img]

Hope this helps.

-Steve
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

There should also be a serial number stamped in the side of the tunnel near where the serial number plate would have been. That might help to narrow it down.
Regardless, the parts are virtually interchangeable among all years with only a few exceptions (primarily the very first 1972's had a different motor, and the really early ones had bearings in the bogey wheels instead of bushings).