We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Newb to KK's

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

MJJ

Newb to KK's

Post by MJJ »

Been doing vintage sledding for several years but new to Kitty Kats. A family friend got tired of a couple broken down KK's taking up space in his garage so he moved them to mine this past summer.

I finally put them on the bench to get them going for the kids this past week. The older one (yet to determine year) is all set and ready to run after a good fuel system/carb cleaning. The 98 has a blown piston and needs a few other parts.

Can anyone tell me if the front sprocket is available without the clutch? Both sprockets on this sled could use replacing. Also wondering of any success/failure stories on aftermarket pistons. I think I'll be able to live with a light hone and new STD piston & rings on this on.

Anyway, looks like a great site. Thanks in advance[/img]
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

I bought a few different clutch outers from Jonn at OBUPS. Look on here for his info. He sells a bunch of KK parts, usually cheaper that arctic dealers.

If your sled isn't modified, you should be able to run any brand piston as long as it's fitted correctly.
MJJ

Thanks

Post by MJJ »

t-dub

Thanks for the info.
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

If your sprockets are worn out, you will want to change the chain as well. I'm sure the drive clutch is near the point of worn out also. You can buy a complete new clutch for $45-$50 for these sleds.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat