We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1992 drive shaft

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

toppdog

1992 drive shaft

Post by toppdog »

some how the drive shaft on my 1992 kitty cat broke in 2. does any one have any idea where I can get one? thanks Brian
Jonn

Drive Shaft

Post by Jonn »

Kitty Cat drive shafts are no longer available through Arctic Cat. I have two used ones in stock, but with the front drivers on them along with the center idler. The first has a sprocket that's slightly out of step with the other and I have to get $30 for it. The second is in very nice shape with the drivers and idler and that one is $50.

Let me know if you're interested.

Jonn
jonn@obups
615-395-2296
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

It also would also probably not take too much to make your own. I think it's a 3/4" shaft. If you had a piece of bar, simple tools would cut and drill it to match the original. I'm not sure if you could get away with standard mild steel, or if it would have to be some sort of hardened steel or alloy.

A local machine shop could likely weld it back together straight or make up a new one pretty easy.