We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Recoil parts

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

vindi

Recoil parts

Post by vindi »

I need a little spring and a collar for the recoil from a 1980 kitty. Cat wants $110 for the whole recoil guts. Anyone know who or where might be able to just sell me the parts I need?
steve0

Post by steve0 »

Try here:

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

Go to on-line parts fiche, select snowmobile, select 1980 and kitty cat.

Go to recoil starter.

They ship out of Canada. If that's not ok, at least you can get the Arctic Cat parts numbers you need and your local dealer may be able to get them for you.

Hope this helps.

-Steve
vindi

Post by vindi »

steve0 wrote:Try here:

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

Go to on-line parts fiche, select snowmobile, select 1980 and kitty cat.

Go to recoil starter.

They ship out of Canada. If that's not ok, at least you can get the Arctic Cat parts numbers you need and your local dealer may be able to get them for you.

Hope this helps.

-Steve
The parts I need are listed as not available. $130 for the whole recoil..
steve0

Post by steve0 »

Maybe try ebay. Can you post the exact part numbers you are looking for?

Post by 72 »

Try arctic part# 3004-752, most part sites have them labeled wrong, its a pawl kit and includes two pawls, 2 springs (coil and the weird round one with 2 barbs), the washer with the "D" shaped hole, a regular washer, and the c-clip. Hope this helps
vindi

Post by vindi »

I finally found what I needed yesterday. It's probably the kit you posted above. I called 2 dealers that told me the spring was discontinues and offered not alternative other than the whole recoil. The third dealer said it's been replaced by a new part number which is the kit of the spring washer and a few other parts. $27 instead of $130.
steve0

Post by steve0 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-OEM- ... fc&vxp=mtr

If that link doesn't work, it is Ebay item number 320962323452

Good luck!
JonnO

Recoil Pawl Kit

Post by JonnO »

I carry the pawl kit in stock currently for $19.66. It includes the ratchets, two springs, washers, c-clip, etc. The other thing you should check for is damage to the drive plate.

The drive plate is the 2" circular plate that houses the ratchets and springs. The plate has two openings on opposites sides where the ratches come out from. The issue is that if you don't take the slack out of the recoil rope before you jerk the engine over, the ratchets slam out against the drive plate openings and tear the metal away. If enough metal is torn away the ratchets can actually bounce backwards agaisnt the starter cup. If that happens either a ratchet will break or it can even break your crankshaft.

If the drive plate is torn it should be replaced. I also sell these currently for $9.54.