We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

97 Kitty Kat won't start

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

dw1973

97 Kitty Kat won't start

Post by dw1973 »

Has good spark, fuel, 142lbs compression. Ran good last winter but I did not drain the gas from the carb when it was stored away. I removed the old gas from the tank and filled with fresh gas/oil and nothing at all. I did find some work of a mouse or chipmunk storing nuts under the hood. I do not see any wire damage so my next step is to remove the carb and clean with carb clean spray. Should I check anything else?
Bent head

Post by Bent head »

Check to make sure there isn't a mouse nest in the exaust pipe. Sometimes after sitting for a season the carb is gummed up too. But I'd try putting a teaspoon of gas down the sparkplug hole. Once it starts to fire it should start pulling fuel on its own as sometimes an air bubble gets caught in the fuel line when the tank has been emptied and refilled.
I always wanted my own Kitty Kat
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

If you didnt drain the gas or never treated the fuel before laying it up for summer, the carb will be plugged more then likely.
One way to check this would be poor a small but of fuel in the spark plug hole, reinstall the plug and see of it starts. If it does, then dies, the carb is gummed up and needs to be soaked and cleaned.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
dw1973

fixed

Post by dw1973 »

Pulled the carb and sprayed it with carb cleaner and it fired right up. Thanks for the replies.