We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

72 Gear Box

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

lagattadj

72 Gear Box

Post by lagattadj »

Help, I drained the gear oil and removed the gearbox case half to replace the gasket, I thought it was removing more difficultly than it should have, now I know why. The outer most bearing stayed on the output shaft, now I didn't think this was a big deal until I tried to re-assemble. When trying to re-assemble the case halves I cant get the darned bearing to seat into its race inside of the case. I figured I would take the bearing off of the shaft and press back into the case but I cant remove it from the shaft either............options????? Hope this makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

Dave
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

Hi Dave
Couple of questions.
Your sure you have the bearings in correct position? I believe the 2 bearings for the output shaft are 2 different bearings.
If you cant get the old outboard bearing off the shaft, a little heat to slightly expend the bearing (not the shaft) will help.
I dont believe these bearings use seals? The outer bearing has an external oil seal you should be replacing, along with the bearings.
I dont recall if there are any keys or pins locking these bearings to the shaft?
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
lagattadj

Post by lagattadj »

Thanks snoeproe

I did get the bearing off, used a puller, the correct tool makes everything so easy!!!
brad dodge

parts

Post by brad dodge »

I have many of the parts for this if you break something or need parts cheap bd
MAD BRAD