We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

New Kitty Cat Engine Replacement - Coming Soon

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Jonn

New Kitty Cat Engine Replacement - Coming Soon

Post by Jonn »

FYI.. Before the season ends I thought I better let folks know that I will have a Kitty Cat drop-in replacement engine kit available this spring. The kit will include everything you need to completely replace your existing Kitty Cat engine.

I will post more information as soon as the kit is ready.

Jonn
Olson Brothers Dist, Inc.
jonn@obups

Post by 72 »

What engine are you planning on using and what is your target retail price for the package?
jdehler

Replacement motor

Post by jdehler »

I too would be interested in the cost of this motor. Please post the details of it.
dw1973

Post by dw1973 »

Any updates?
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

Briggs 206 Jonn?
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
fiero377ci

Post by fiero377ci »

briggs 305 would be the ticket, minus hood clearance
JonnO

Engine replacement

Post by JonnO »

I've researched and tried several engines and most of them do not fit well in the frame. In order to get nearly all engines to work in the frame you have to mount it high and way forward over the steering support and almost against the tie rod. After a year of research and several engine later, I have the perfect engine that fits in the engine well and uses roughly the same space as the Suzuki.

I've chosen this engine because it fits so well, provides plenty of power, and is much easier to build a complete installation kit for that anyone can install. The larger Harbor Freight motor (first one I tried) requires more work to install and most people would not find it fun to install. This new engine I'm using will be very easy and quick to install, and parts are readily available.

More information and photos will be available by spring.
alconaboy

exciting news

Post by alconaboy »

Hi Jonn, I am glad to see and update on the engine replacement. I have an absolutely mint, totally redone 72 kitty cat in my garage that i was consdiering parting with due to engine being unrepairable and obsolete. cant wait to see kit come out!
Haggs21

Any update.. Dont see on site

Post by Haggs21 »

I dont see avilable yet