We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Need information on arctic cat kitty cat

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

chuckcarty

Need information on arctic cat kitty cat

Post by chuckcarty »

Hi I just purchased a kitty cat snowmobile. The ser.# is kc2 9663 The engine is a kawasaki 60cc T5A06051A. What year is the sled? It is equipped with headlights but switch was missing. I hooked up a on off toggle switch. The engine has one wire that runs to the stop button. I hooked to that wire and no spark. Is there another wire somewhere. Nothing has been cut on the engine. Thank you. Chuck
Chuck Carty

Re: Need information on arctic cat kitty cat

Post by 72 »

chuckcarty wrote:Hi I just purchased a kitty cat snowmobile. The ser.# is kc2 9663 The engine is a kawasaki 60cc T5A06051A. What year is the sled? It is equipped with headlights but switch was missing. I hooked up a on off toggle switch. The engine has one wire that runs to the stop button. I hooked to that wire and no spark. Is there another wire somewhere. Nothing has been cut on the engine. Thank you. Chuck
Hey Chuck, Its a 1972, that engine does not have a coil for lights, my guess would be someone at one time swapped the original hood for one with a light. The black wire is for the kill/ignition switch. Depending on which style of light that is on it, the light may fetch as much as 50-60$ by itself if you were looking to sell it. Hope this helps.