We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1997 Kitty Cat Throttle Issue?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Fisherman

1997 Kitty Cat Throttle Issue?

Post by Fisherman »

Hello everyone. I am new to the site as I just picked up one for my daughter.

The one thing I am having an issue with is the entire throttle/governer assembly. Let me explain. When pressing he throttle, I can see the butterfly start to move but when I get towards half throttle on the handlebars the linkages pop the carb to WOT. I tightened up the screw to restrict throttle as it is too fast at WOT but even with the screw all the way down, it still opens the carb wide open before the governer hits the screw.

My thought is to get a longer M5 screw as stock length is a size 16. But even then it does not look like the linkages will allow for a happy medium for throttle.

Has anyone had this issue? I could use some input on this. I hope there is an easy fix. Someone told me to put a block behind the throttle so she can't go wide open, but thats not going to help much when its already wide open at mid throttle.

Thanks Everyone and have a Great Holiday!

Jess
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

Do you have zip ties on any of the governors springs? Thus disabling the governor.
With the governor functioning, these will run 8 mph. 10mph with the governor diasabled.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

No there are no zip ties. Everything is bone stock. Just do not like it going to WOT at half throttle.