We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

How do you know what year your sled is????

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

amapaintguy

How do you know what year your sled is????

Post by amapaintguy »

I picked up a kitty cat for my 3 year old. There are some things I would like to change and upgrade. I would like to know what year it is to try to figure out what I can and can not use on it. The serial # is KC2-3064.... I know it is probably mid 70's, but any help would be appreciated....[/b]
Zettie08

Post by Zettie08 »

I know this is a strange question because it should be easy to find out but here's the deal. I purchased a sled a few months back that was listed on craigslist as a 2000. When I looked at the registration it says a 1999 Polaris XC 700 SP. So I thought ok it must be a 1999, no biggie. Well then I got looking around on the net and it seems that all '99 XCSP's have either a white cowl or a black one and mine has a red. Also mine has the Polaris 45th anniversary decals on the cowl. Now I understand that it's as simple as somebody could of swapped cowls but there's more to it. The seat on mine is also a newer seat where the brake light is only in the back of the seat and doesn't rap around. All the other 1999's I see have the brake light that wraps around the seat.

I looked at the tunnel on the sled where the VIN# is and it's says the sled was manufactured on 4/99. Now I know with auto's the model year is always a year newer than the actual year. Also being that it was a 4/99 sled is it possible that it was an early snow check sled that is actually a 2000?

The only reason I care so much about clearing this up is because when I go to order parts and stuff I want to make sure I'm ordering for the correct year. Like right now I need to buy a clutch puller but there are two different models for the 99's and 2000's.

If anyone has any sure way I can tell what year my sled is I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

On the side of yout tunnel there there will be a tag with serial number and manufacture date. If the man date is sept/76, your sled is a 77 kitty cat...etc.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat