We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

72 Kitty lives again !!

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

snowworks

72 Kitty lives again !!

Post by snowworks »

I picked up a Kitty this summer and the motor was out and part of the recoil cover was off chain tensioner ect. But mostly was there. He could not get spark and could not find parts. SO.. First I pulled the ignition apart and found this has the A motor and parts are hard to find for the ignition. The only year they had this ignition??. The spark plug wire had been cut off about 3 " from the coil. Butt spliced it?? What the?? I got some copper plug wire solderd it and then RTV the joint and taped it also. Points and condensor looked OK but I just as well forget them. I got a Stens Mega fire ignition module and wire that in. The key switch on the motor was long gone and the Origonal kill switch was junk. Got a later model kill switch and wired that one in. and I had spark!!! Put it together and have been running it!!. I rest the timming and it runs good. Here are a few other mods I did.
Deep snow Kit
Later model Wave track
Electronic Ignition, Mega Fire
Lagger racing 36 tooth drive sprocket
I did alot of other mechanical work on it. I would post pictures but I do not have a public domain for my pics. I am sure there is a free site for that, any suggestions?? I should replace on of the rear sprocket idlers the bearing is almost shot. Happy Sledding!! Brian in MI :D
brad dodge

idlers

Post by brad dodge »

got a set for sale new brad
MAD BRAD