We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

72 Kitty Cat will not start weak spark

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

magic

72 Kitty Cat will not start weak spark

Post by magic »

72 Kitty Cat 60cc Kaw
It has not been run for about 31 years. I have replaced fuel lines, filter, cleaned the carbs, and put in a new spark plug. When the engine is pulled over it seems to have good compression, and smells like it is getting fuel, but does not want to start. When holding the spark plug wire, I have gotten a jolt from it so there is some spark. However I put a spark plug tester (light) on it and it seems weak. Any sugestions?
shermer-high

Post by shermer-high »

try cleaning and setting points.A couple weeks ago mine opened up to .50 I could feel spark but no spark on plug.I set gap to .18 and was fine.
Maineskidoo

Post by Maineskidoo »

I have the same problem
stupid question, but I assume the points are under the fan correct?
Is the nut holding the fan on a left hand or right hand thread?
Thank you
crossover

Post by crossover »

Hay guys check out my Crossover kit. Its a CDI kit that takes over for your points. You install it and you never have to mess with points again. Easy starting and 10 installs in 10mins. The big promlem is that you cant OEM points anymore and if you do they are 55.00 +. My kit is 68.00 to your door and has great intsall pics with your kit. If you have trouble with any install on your engine I will walk you through it over the phone. I take PayPal or money orders.

Roger McCollum
570-491-5812
crossover systems
fiero377ci

Post by fiero377ci »

or just use a napa module, 20 bux. not made as good as they used to be