We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1977 LEAPORD SEAT AND BELLY PAN

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

JPRALL43

1977 LEAPORD SEAT AND BELLY PAN

Post by JPRALL43 »

I HAVE A 1977 THAT I AM GOING TO DO A "Z"CONVERSION ON AND I AM GOING TO WANT TO SELL THE SEAT.
OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, OFFERS. NO RIPS, TEARS AND IN GOOD SHAPE.
WAY NICER FIT AND MATERIAL THAN THE ONE I BOUGHT ON EBAY FOR $125 FOR MY 72.
ALSO HAVE A BELLY PAN.THE HOOD IS NOT GOOD BUT THE BELLY PAN WILL BE USEABLE. ONE SMALL HAIRLINE CRACK NEAR ONE OF THE HINGES. I WILL NEED TO REMOVE IT IF YOU WANT IT.

JEFF @ 248-672-8654 (SE MICHIGAN) OR E-MAIL AT jprallffp@yahoo.com.

Re: 1977 LEAPORD SEAT AND BELLY PAN

Post by 72 »

JPRALL43 wrote:I HAVE A 1977 THAT I AM GOING TO DO A "Z"CONVERSION ON AND I AM GOING TO WANT TO SELL THE SEAT.
OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, OFFERS. NO RIPS, TEARS AND IN GOOD SHAPE.
WAY NICER FIT AND MATERIAL THAN THE ONE I BOUGHT ON EBAY FOR $125 FOR MY 72.
ALSO HAVE A BELLY PAN.THE HOOD IS NOT GOOD BUT THE BELLY PAN WILL BE USEABLE. ONE SMALL HAIRLINE CRACK NEAR ONE OF THE HINGES. I WILL NEED TO REMOVE IT IF YOU WANT IT.

JEFF @ 248-672-8654 (SE MICHIGAN) OR E-MAIL AT jprallffp@yahoo.com.

Whats a " "Z" conversion"? and how much?
JPRALL43

Post by JPRALL43 »

The Z conversion is the 77 Z sno pro belly pan, hood and seat that will make it look like a 77 Z sno pro. I have an actual z sno pro and would like to build a kitty cat version. If you are asking about how muck for that, through olsen bros you can get the three pieces for about 600 including decals plus whatever overhaul you want to do to the sled. if you are asking how much i want for the seat, i am open for opinions and offers. after reveiwing some of the posts i have heard of people paying 250 ish for a nice original. I will not hold my breath for that but think 150 would be reasonalbe, in two or three weeks. This would allow me to continue to keep this machine operational until i break it down for the powdercoating and the full once over. The seat is nice, my daughter respects her things and i just need to keep this rolling for two more weekends.
I would also trade for any performance pipe or any z hood kits that anyone may not be using, plus or minus cash for whatever. I am wide open.

Post by 72 »

Oh yeah, that sno-pro set up looks great, a bit too pricey for my tastes, never heard it called a z conversion b4, sorry for the confusion. If you want to pipe the engine, you should consider updating the rod so you can run without the govenor. It is possible to build a tuned pipe with the govener limited rpm but its going to be over four foot long. I think those $250 seats you have heard about are the early ones with the fake fur on the top and not the all vinyl ones. Keep us updated I would love to see how it turns out.
JPRALL43

Post by JPRALL43 »

Thanks for the info. I was going to talk to John @ olsen about the motor build and have him set it up. I guess i will put the seat on e-bay and see where it goes.. Thanks for the input and i will post the verdict. anyone interested, just let me know. I can e-mail pictures of it as well.