We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

wavy track vs standard track

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

ErieKittyKat

wavy track vs standard track

Post by ErieKittyKat »

any opinions on the wavy track compared to the standard bar track???
my standard track is over 30yrs old and is getting pretty worn....i was thinking about getting the wavy track but wanted some input before my purchase.

thanks guys!!!
brad dodge

track

Post by brad dodge »

just pick the stk track cheaper and better you may have to clearence the tunnel as they will touch alittle if you do not have a lift kit on it. Our sled is picked and does not have lift and only a few . BD
MAD BRAD

Post by 72 »

If the rest of the sled is in good shape then I say go for it. A new track is about a third the price of a 95-99 sled. They will be more flexible and get a better bite. Studs help.
Zettie08

Post by Zettie08 »

any opinions on the wavy track compared to the standard bar track???
my standard track is over 30yrs old and is getting pretty worn....i was thinking about getting the wavy track but wanted some input before my purchase.
SlackerP488

new vs. old track

Post by SlackerP488 »

Last year I ran my kitty with the old track and my son being only 30lbs thier wasn't much weight and the track just spun. I installed the newer wavy track which has some lugs on it and now @35lbs not much weight difference it grabs with no problems.

I did install a 2" dan the mans lift kit, but I also had to install another boggie wheel/axle to reduce the slack. that i bought used on ebay.
Mike Barry
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

Last time I looked, the wavy track is the only one you can buy, and no aftermarkets sell kitty cat tracks - that may have changed. Regardless, they are expensive. If you need a new track, the wavy one is what you'll get, and you'll notice improved traction. If your old track is not completely falling apart, try just turning it around and also turn around the cog wheels on the drive axle. This will reduce track ratchetting and may get you another couple seasons out of the old track.