We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Drive Shaft Bearing

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

yesneyr

Drive Shaft Bearing

Post by yesneyr »

Does anybody have a part number or a source for the bearing on the front drive shaft? The bearing has a collar on it. The collar goes into a locking ring/collar. I can't find the bearing in any books, and the bearing I had disintegrated so I can't measure it up. Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Ron ; yesneyr@michigan.gov
dantheman

applied industrial

Post by dantheman »

applied industrial website you should be able to find that bearing there thats where i got em , ill look to see if i have my invoice still it may have the part # on it
dan
rmat905063@aol.com

Front bearing

Post by rmat905063@aol.com »

I have a brand new set with collars and 4 flanges 50.00 plus shipping

Bob
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

I got replacements from Princess Auto (like a farm supply kind of place) for about $6cdn each, with the collars. I do not remember the diameters off hand, but I can measure the old ones tonight. The knock off's I got are a bit narrower though, so to get it to fit tight I had to put the bearing carrier together and mount both halfs to the inside of the tunnel. I think when I took it apart, there was half of the bearring carrier on the inside, and half on the outside of the tunnel. This new way sure looks nicer. The bearings are not great and will not last for ever, but for $6.......
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

I measured my old bearings last night, but it was cold and I only had my cheap calipers, so as accurate as I could get was 5/8" I.D. x 1 9/16" O.D. x 1/2" wide. Again, the new ones were narrower, maybe only 7/16" or so, couldn't measure them because I put them in the sled this weekend.

bearings

Post by guest »

Napa RA010-RRB, basic bearing w/ lock collar.
Jonn

Bearing w/lock collar

Post by Jonn »

The Arctic Cat OEM part number is 0302-118. List price is 22.95 each. I do have these in stock, but it looks like RMat905063 might have a pretty good deal.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296

bearings

Post by guest »

Good deal? WTF ? MAYBE $12-16 a side from napa???????
Squid

Post by Squid »

Hi,
Raising up this old thread with some info:

I spent a couple of hours searching for this bearing. Some manufacturers call it an insert bearing, and others call it an adaptor bearing.

I eventually did indeed did find it on napaonline.com But it wasn't easy.
Their search engine is clunky. Sometimes it just spits out "not found" with the correct number. Be careful about putting in no spaces and use capital letters.

Try either RA010RRB, or BRG RA010RRB (with the space between G and A) As of sept 2006 it's 14.49 each, without the flanges.

SKF calls this bearing a "Y" bearing.

My original bearings were made by PEER. But their website is hard to use and I never found it.

The key thing is the eccentric locking collar. It uses one set screw. You have to rotate the lock collar to lock the bearing onto the shaft, and the "grub" screw just holds the collar for insurance. There is a bearing type with no eccentric, and it just uses a collar with two setscrews. Dimensionally it's the same bearing.

Dave
Dave
94 Kitty cat from freecycle.org