We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

18mm mikuni carb.

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

me o me

18mm mikuni carb.

Post by me o me »

Hi all I purchased a kit,well I thought.Should of had directions,but didnt!Can someone tell me where to tap the case of my kawasaki for the fuel pump tap.anyone have any feedback how these carbs work once they are tuned to the motor.Thanks all.
me o me

Post by me o me »

Wow 28 views and not a response.O.K Is there any way to get ahold of someone that can help.THANKS!
dave

Post by dave »

as low as you can get it under the carb, on the kawasaki you need to go low so the carb dosen't hit the adapter you put in the hole

dave
dantheman

help

Post by dantheman »

all i can say is look around on the block for a plug that you can remove, im not to familiar with the kawi engine there is usually a place allready there with a round plug pressed into it on most 2 stroke anyway
or drill and tap a hole somewhere you know your not going to hit anything important
Jonn

Install instructions on 18mm carb

Post by Jonn »

Someone gave out my master copy of the installation instructions, so I had to take more pictures and spend a few hours rewriting my original instructions on installing the 18mm carb. If you still need a copy, please let me know.
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
me o me

Post by me o me »

Thanks John.I got it done.the kawasaki block is a little different than the suzuki but I figured it out.I will take a pic and if anyone needs it just let me know.K
Jonn

18mm Carb

Post by Jonn »

That's great K! If you don't mind I'd like to get a picture of the barb location on your motor. Then I can update the instructions to include the Kawasaki motor.

Thanks!
Jonn
Olson Brothers
http://obups
651-395-2296
Roger

Post by Roger »

Jonns carbs work awesome. What a difference
jw

picture?

Post by jw »

Towards the end of this chain you mention you had some pictures of an installed mikuni 18mm carb on a 72 KC with a kawasaki motor? I just got the carb kit (carb and throttle cable). It came with no directions of any kind. Can you post some pics if you do have em?

Thanks, jw