We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

fuel poring out the carb?

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

cat daddy

fuel poring out the carb?

Post by cat daddy »

Hello I have a 1997 kitty cat. Daughter was riding for a half hour was running good all of a sudden died. I popped the hood and fuel was poring out a hole at the top of the carb. There was also some leaking out of the box that the carb connects to under the handlebars? Any ideas I'm praying just a float stuck in the carb. Can not get to run now. Ended up turning the gas off cause I could hear it bubbling into the carb. Any help or info on what to start looking at or what you guys are thinking it could be. Thanks for your time
brad dodge

mikuni carb

Post by brad dodge »

i have had the same issue check needle, seat also the metal plate above the weep hole may have came loose and fell down on to the float pull the carb and stake down the plate with a punch and hammer adjust float if its real loose you may have to go further mad brad
MAD BRAD
cat daddy

Post by cat daddy »

Thanks for the help brad. Unfortuanetly I got a call from the boss friday and I'm leaving for mississippi in the morning to work for 3 weeks. So didn't get around to tinkering with it. Trying to get bills in order packing bags and rounding up the work clothes. I did notice my gas tank is leaking and I don't believe the shut off is working so I'm going need to order some parts. I seen it also leaks at the gasket where the carb bolts to the cylinder. I do believe the carb is messed up and not shutting down by why all of a sudden would the gaskets start leaking too? Needless to see I'm not my daughters favorite customer right now cause I can't fix it until I get home now. I will keep you posted on what I find when I get home. Thanks again, bumming in michigan and mississippi lol. DAMN economy