We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Idler wheel shaft needed

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

zr1000

Idler wheel shaft needed

Post by zr1000 »

I would like to buy a shaft with the spacers and wheels if anyone has one they want to sell. I broke a bolt in mine and everything if pretty well rusted on.

Thanks.

msc(dot)paul(at)yahoo(dot)com
JR2

Post by JR2 »

Check out Ebay, there where a couple complete skid frames on there a few days ago. They did not look to be in too bad of shape. If you get lucky they will be old enough to have all bogie wheels with bearings in them.

They are also available online from Arctic Cat... but they are not cheap.
92 Kitty Cat undergoing rebuild

Post by 72 »

Here is a link for some decent priced bearing wheels
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/04-116-71.html

I have shafts and spacers, some have already been bead blasted clean, the spacers for bearing wheels are different lengths than the others.
zr1000

Post by zr1000 »

Thanks for the replies. I broke a bolt inside one end of an axel, and was able to drill and tap it after a bit of effort and working my way through my drill index. The shaft seems a little bent and the spacers won't come off but the bearing still seem to spin, so I guess I'm good for now but would still like a new shaft and spacers I should be able to salvage the wheels after having a replacement shaft in hand.