We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty Cat Studs for 1973

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

trdehmer

Kitty Cat Studs for 1973

Post by trdehmer »

I have the stock track on my 1973 Kitty Cat with no paddles. What studs can I run on these things and who sells them?

How many do most run?

Not for racing, just for extra traction and stopping capability on slick surfaces like ice...

Thanks!
brad6

Post by brad6 »

I just used 1/4" By 1-1/4" stainless bolts with stainless fender washer on each side and Stainless lock nuts. Had to cut a bit off each bolt and then ground the ends a bit to round over. Can't remember how many I put on, But i went with a staggered pattern in the center section of the track. Just need snow now to try it out!! There is a pic if u search this topic from somelse who had did this as well :D
sterlingc12

I just used your advise I put 12 in works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sterlingc12 »

brad6 wrote:I just used 1/4" By 1-1/4" stainless bolts with stainless fender washer on each side and Stainless lock nuts. Had to cut a bit off each bolt and then ground the ends a bit to round over. Can't remember how many I put on, But i went with a staggered pattern in the center section of the track. Just need snow now to try it out!! There is a pic if u search this topic from somelse who had did this as well :D
brad dodge

traction

Post by brad dodge »

dennis kirk sells a kit for kitty cat
MAD BRAD
Rick

Re: traction

Post by Rick »

brad dodge wrote:dennis kirk sells a kit for kitty cat
Called 2/4 and they do not.
KC fever