We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

My project so far

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Devo

My project so far

Post by Devo »

Well I been collecting parts here and there and it's almost done.
Put on a decal set, newer seat, a dash that wasnt cracked, a back hold on bar and a lift kit from method_master.
Just the ski's left to do. Waiting for our 4" spindle lift kit to come from www.orps.ca and some snow and off we go.
When I bought this thing the guy didnt know what year it was but thought it was between a 92 to a 94.

Before

After

Finished with new spindles

OK guys heres my take on these lift kits. I wanted something that would get the job done at a fare price. Since I live in Canada shipping to us up here from the states just sucks big time, almost as much as the product is worth. Ups ground sucks big time.
Now Dantheman has from what I can tell a nice looking kit, does it perform better than any body else's....I dont think so. Remember these kids riding these kitty cats are not entering the I-500 snowmobile race. And Yes he will answer your email but not in a timely fashion. It took three weeks for him to answer mine. So since I wanted this Kitty cat ready to go for my son's birthday I went with method_master's lift for the track and after I came across orps kits I bought the spindles from him. Both are sold in Canada and shipping is very reasonable. Canada Post. Oh and yes both answered my emails right away. method_master's lift use's the existing plate to mount to, very easy to put together. As for the concern about powder coating well if I have to pull out a can of spray paint every spring so be it. No big deal. Just means I will go over the machine every year to make sure its safe for the little one.
Who ever you go with is up to you but just so you know there are options out there and they all do the same thing......they put a smile on your kids face and a big one on yours.

Done just in time :)
Saturday night Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light early in the evening. Low minus 1. Sunday Snow. High plus 1.
Devo

Post by Devo »

Just updated my first post
Devo

Post by Devo »

Yup, last night we got enough snow for the young guy to get out on his sled. priceless