We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1972 Kitty Kawasaki coil oms

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

blaster

Post by blaster »

Mike give me a call I might be able to help you out

Roger 570-491-5812
SlackerP488

Post by SlackerP488 »

hey 72,

Wanted to give ya a heads up.. I found a used whole stator at a arctic cat salvage yard .. put in it a spark all the way... running really good..

Thanks for all your effort on helping me to figure out what was wrong.

But i still have a question. Does the transmission or gear box hold fluid in it ? what kind and how much if you know.

Hey Man thanks for all your help.

Slacker!
Mike Barry

Post by 72 »

SlackerP488 wrote:hey 72,

Wanted to give ya a heads up.. I found a used whole stator at a arctic cat salvage yard .. put in it a spark all the way... running really good..

Thanks for all your effort on helping me to figure out what was wrong.

But i still have a question. Does the transmission or gear box hold fluid in it ? what kind and how much if you know.

Hey Man thanks for all your help.

Slacker!

Glad to hear ya got it running, too bad you had to go out and buy parts but at least you were able to find them.

The gearbox has fill, drain and level holes, they are the screws on the side cover with red seal washers. You can use 5-30, 10-30 or 30w oil. Just fill untill it comes out the level hole.
brad dodge

grey coil

Post by brad dodge »

i had a bad condensor and had issues as well like this the coils are real hard to find you may have to buy a parts engine to get one bd
MAD BRAD
brad dodge

coil

Post by brad dodge »

the condensors are a problem as well and wiring to the points gets crispy i had one with a bad condensor that would heat up and shut off. My two cent i had a guy that fixed thesecoils but cant find him any more brad
MAD BRAD

Here is an idea

Post by 72 »

Just because this thread has so many views, here is an idea for a cheap ignition conversion for the 72 t5a engine. Chances are anyone with one of these sleds will have a power wheels vehicle laying around. They have most of the parts needed to do this...... namely the battery, charger and possibly the switch. If you look at the drawing (sorry for the quality) you can see all you would need would be a 6 volt ignition coil (about $15-40 on ebay) a plug wire ( about $3-5) and some time to mount and hook everything up. The 6v battery should have low enough voltage to keep from burning the points and provide around an hour or two plus of fun per charge depending on battery condition (could be more). A good option for those with more time than money.

[img][img]http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/jkav72/6v.jpg[/img][/img]
fiero377ci

Post by fiero377ci »

should be zero resistance through points when closed, clean em