We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Troyness' lift kit

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

revkev6

Troyness' lift kit

Post by revkev6 »

Hey all, I recently purchased the deep snow kit that troyness is selling. I just got a chance to install the deep snow kit and figured that I should do a quickie review.

First off the lift on this kit is 2.5” and widens it by 1”
I was told by him that it was a 3.5” lift with a 2” wider stance, He offered to buy the kit back for the error but I went ahead anyway.
The kit came painted with the locknuts to replace the welded in nuts on the original plates.
The front spindles had some welding slag on them and were very sharp and in need of deburring.
The biggest problem was the threads on top of the spindle are course thread instead of fine so new bolts were required.

Other than that the kit installed easily and seems very serviceable.

Comparing this kit to dantheman’s
Dan’s is actually 3.5” lift and 2” wider
Dan’s is $160

Troyness’ kit 2.5” and 1” wider
$99.00 shipped.
Troy actually answers pm’s and emails.

So all in all I had a so-so purchasing experience that seems to have worked out ok. I am not dissatisfied with the kit especially since I have read similar issues with dan’s kits requiring burring work. I would have preferred the extra height and width but I’m not really complaining.

Last edited by revkev6 on November 4th, 2010, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JR2

Post by JR2 »

Hey I can not see enough detail in the pics, you think you could make them larger for us?

Thanks for the review.
92 Kitty Cat undergoing rebuild
troyness

THANK YOU!

Post by troyness »

Thank you REVKEV6 for your feedback! As you were my very first customer, your input has been very helpful in making improvements on several future orders.
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

well thats nice but as you can see from the exact matching laser cut parts he traced it right around mine.....hey i dont have a problem with it but my stuff comes with all the bolts and perfect fit on everything, i allready made the mistakes ....
I answer emails it's not my fault some people can't type my address in right, and my phone number is out there as well....
way to be creative with your own design :)

Post by 72 »

dantheman wrote:well thats nice but as you can see from the exact matching laser cut parts he traced it right around mine....
If they are exact then why does one only provide 2.5" lift and yours 3.5", I guess im a little confused here. Here is a link you posted:

http://ssgzxg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p ... jpg?psid=1

If you look at the rear of the plates they appear quite different. No disrespect to anyone in this thread.
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

doesn't matter, I own my own laser and i will drop my price as to exclude anyone else from stealing my part patterns... good luck

Post by 72 »

dantheman wrote:doesn't matter, I own my own laser and i will drop my price as to exclude anyone else from stealing my part patterns... good luck
PM sent
daryl2cb

Post by daryl2cb »

I was going to order dantheman's kit last year but never got there, can not wait to sick the wicked price drop.
Hepper441

Free trade

Post by Hepper441 »

Competition in the deep snow kit market. Very good for the consumer... bad for Danthemans profit margin. If we could get more guys selling these we could get the price even lower.... gotta love the USA :lol: