We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Studding

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

sledrider

Studding

Post by sledrider »

Anyone stud thier kitty? If so how many and what did you use, bolts or what?

Re: Studding

Post by 72 »

sledrider wrote:Anyone stud thier kitty? If so how many and what did you use, bolts or what?
There are many ways to skin this cat. I went with 1.25" grade 8 1/4:20 screws backed on both sides with fender washers (1 3/8 dia. I think) and a nylok nut to hold them. I punched out the track with a 3/16 dia punch I made myself and "chisel pointed them with a flap wheel on an angle grinder and knocked off about a 1/16 of the length, they still drag on the bulkhead and tunnel once and a while, I run the track loose and they will eventualy "clear" whatever gets in their way . Did this two years ago on a new track, no complaints except for what it does to a black top drive way. The pic should show how I patterned them.

sledrider

Post by sledrider »

I have been debating whether to do this or not. Daughter mainly rides in the yard not on any hard surface, but when she spins out it kicks up lots of grass but still doesn't want to go so I thought maybe a few studs/bolts might help it grab a bit more. I think I might try to find everything in stainless. How many did you put in yours anyhow? My sleds are all still in summer storage so I can't see the track on the kitty to count how many flats to know how many bolts/washers/nuts to get but would like to find the stuff so that when I get them out I can get it ready right away for her and not be looking for materials for weeks. Thanks.

Post by 72 »