We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Lift Kit

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

sledrider

Lift Kit

Post by sledrider »

Was thinking about getting one of Dan the Man's Lift kit, but have a question first. Anybody ever install one and make their own front spindle extensions without widening the stance? Was thinking of doing this but not sure if it would make it unstable, anybody know?
revkev6

Post by revkev6 »

I haven't installed one (yet) but if you lift without width you will make the sled more unstable than it is stock. not a good thing!
wicks34

lift kits

Post by wicks34 »

I just installed one on my 95. Goes quick and works great. Guy I bought it from copied Dan the Mans design. $99.00. Guy lives in MN. His e-mail is troyness@hotmail.com Looks like Dan the Man isn't responding to e-mails
sledrider

Post by sledrider »

Got a 2" kit then made my own spindle extensions for the front. What adiffference. Daughter was out riding this past week in 8+ inches with no problems as long as she stayed on the level. Been so nice that I have not had to get out one of the big sleds and made a track for her or chase her around and pick up the back end every 30 feet! Anyone thinking of getting a lift kit I highly recommend it, what a difference a few dollars and a couple of hours can make!!!