We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Build your own two inch kitty lift.

Buy, sell, or look for parts that are scarce and no longer available.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Build your own two inch kitty lift.

Post by 72 »

What I have for sale is rear plates that will raise the rear of your kitty two inches. These plates will leave you with only having to raise the front end. This can be done with spindle modification or installation of a spacer block between the spring and spring saddle. This is a great father and son (or daughter) project that will improve the sleds performance in deeper snow, in other words it wont get stuck as much.

These plates are constructed of 11 ga. Mild steel that are laser cut. I developed these plates for some relatives / co-workers. They are based on the lift I made a couple years ago and have refined with some minor adjustments based on track length calculations / wheel placement. If you are not happy with these plates I will take them back less shipping cost. The only reason I have these is because the shop that made them had a minimum for the run. I have about 6 extra sets.

The price is $40 shipped (to lower 48) for 2 unpainted plates shown below. No hardware included. I will Include a CADD drawing of lift blocks that can be made that will provide the 2” of required lift and spread the skis 3 1/2” for added stability. PM me if interested or if you have any questions. Or e-mail jkav72@msn.com (PM's have been slow)

Last edited by 72 on February 2nd, 2010, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve0

Post by steve0 »

I purchased 3 sets of these plates and installed them on 2 of my sleds....the other set is for a friend's sled.

When I initially got the plates, I wiped them down with glass cleaner and primed them, then painted them.

The install when great....fairly straight forward! The seller was extremely helpful all along the way and went out of his way to help me with the front lift.

Here are some before and after pics of one of my sleds!
All we need now is some snow!

Before: Image

After: Image

Post by 72 »

Heres one from the Cleveland area , he went with the blocks (only for 1994 and earlier models). Image
C Dub

Lift Kit

Post by C Dub »

Please contact me. I would love to order a kit.
Chris
970-846-4038
c-dubenterprises@mindspring.com

Update

Post by 72 »

please delete this post
Last edited by 72 on March 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Update

Post by 72 »

I had another small run of these made last week (second for the year). Here are some more b4 and after pics. This 72 went with the blocks.

Post by 72 »

A recent issue has come up with the fitment of these plates. It seems the thickness of powder coating ( .040-.080" ) can keep the assembly (plates and axles) from going into the tunnel. Anyone out there who is considering powder coating these plates should keep this in mind. It could result in having to shorten the axle shafts and spacers. Just a heads up.

Post by 72 »

Currently sold out.
Last edited by 72 on December 17th, 2010, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbo285

Post by mbo285 »

I have a set of these available if anyone wants them. I bought them and never installed them as i got rid of the kitty cat. Please email me if interested, just trying to recoup my money.

thanks