We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Where can I get a carb rebuild kit?

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

rpdwyer

Where can I get a carb rebuild kit?

Post by rpdwyer »

I have a KC2-1802 (1972?) Kitty Cat I am trying to get running. Had it running last year but would stay running once you opend the throttle. Plus, hard to start. Took it apart and all the seals and are corroded with a fair amout of junk in there. Anyone have any advice on rebuilding the carb and where I can get a rebuild kit?
Thanks.
Rick
mad brad

carbs

Post by mad brad »

have a used carb ready to go 65.00 exchange have 72 and 73 bd
MachJeff

Post by MachJeff »

It sounds like the model you have is one of the ones where parts are getting hard to find. You can try your local Cat dealer, browns leisure world and I think I saw some parts and carbs on obups. But you may want to read a couple posts earlier about people using techumseh carbs. It sounds like an easy swap, parts are readily available and it works really good.
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

where do you find a tecumseh carb at?
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

I'm thinking of going the Tesumseh carb route also. There's a small engine shop near me that has 'em on the shelf, plus a bunch of used ones in their basement shop. Just take off your carb and find a local place like that. Match up the carb throat size and (if possible) match up the mount holes (you can always use a rat-tail file to adjust the mount holes tho). And if you're really lucky, you might be able to match the throttle connection plate so you'll have a better chance of hooking it up right. You may have to drill a little hole in the throttle plate for the right location. Good luck!

Post by 72 »

ive played around with tecumseh 2 cycles like 10 years ago . the bowl style carbs ive seen have just a fixed idle circuit and a main jet . i always prefered the diaphram style cause they have a low and high mixture screw adjustment (means you dont have to buy and change jets if you want to make an adjustment) . toro S200 snow blowers use this diaphram carb and ive never been to a small engine shop that didnt have a couple in the back for parts . i think i was only paying like $8-10 for rebuild kits. ...j