We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1972 Kitty Cat - difference between A and B engine

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

leequack

1972 Kitty Cat - difference between A and B engine

Post by leequack »

Can anyone tell me the difference between these Kawasaki engines? Or are the parts pretty much interchangable? I need to replace connecting rod bearing, piston, rings and jug on a T5A and found parts from a T5B. T5B parts are coming as a complete assembly all put together. Thanks for your help.
kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

only differeance between a A and B is the flywheel side of the crank is different...A and B's use different flywheels.....other than that everything is interchangeable....rod and lower bearing are the same
leequack

Post by leequack »

Thanks for getting back to me. So can I use my flywheel, magneto, etc. from my T5A and install on this already assembled T5B "short block" which includes the crankshaft or will I need to change out individual parts? I think the question comes down to is the T5B crankshaft compatable with everything else from a T5A?

Also, do you know where I can get crankshaft seals?
leequack

Post by leequack »

To: leequack
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:39 am
Subject: Re: 1972 Kitty Cat-diff. between A and B engine-ADDIT. QUESTIONS Quote message
no...i didn't explain it right.....A flywheels will not fit B cranks or visa versa....A flywheels have to go with A cranks......B flywheels have to go with B cranks.....the ign plate I'm not sure about....going off memory here....but after the flywheel side of the journal everything is interchangable

Bill
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

GET YOUR SEALS AND EVERYTHING ELSE KITTY CAT
FROM JOHN AT OLSON BROTHERS 1 888 999 3211
KITTY CATS ROCK!