We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty cat acts like its running rich...

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Gonkystyle

Kitty cat acts like its running rich...

Post by Gonkystyle »

Soaked the carb and then sprayed it with carb cleaner each and every piece. New float, new needle and seat. Its a 97 model. Sled idles great but when you go to give it gas it bogs out gas mist comes out the choke side of the carb. If you shut the fuel off and wait till the gas runs down in the carb bowl you can then rev it up and it goes to Wot quickly. If you hurry up and turn the fuel on it will run as long as you flooring it. Let off and it bogs back down. No mid range power. Cant figure it out. Need Help!! Kids wanna ride :shock: :lol:

Post by 72 »

Try lowering the float level .
Gonkystyle

Post by Gonkystyle »

Tried adjusting the float doesnt seem to matter much.. Im wondering, once its warm it seems to develop these problems when its cold it revs right up tell its warm. What would cause that? Head gasket? Ignition? Crank seal? Anyone one else have this problem. Im thinking its not the carb. I have totally spit shined that thing, had it apart about about 20 times unless there is something Im missing?? Is there a proper way to adjust the float? Mine hangs down alittle past half way, right to the bottom of the main jet? Any input would be appreciated my kids are chomping at the bit(and me too :oops: ) LOL...