We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Need to shine my 72

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Jim

Need to shine my 72

Post by Jim »

I am looking for a good product to shine the cowling on my 72 Kitty Cat. It is quite dull looking. I tried Plexus, thinking that it's worked on everything else I have, but it didn't seem to do much. I am wondering if a good car wax would work. I am also looking for something to shine aluminum tunnel of the same sled. Any ideas would be appreciated.
chadj

Post by chadj »

I used a Mothers Powerball on the tunnel. It worked pretty well with minimal effort.
Jim

Thanks

Post by Jim »

Thanks Chad. I'll give it a try.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Try NOVUS brand number 2 plastic polish. It works very well on all plastics and paint in general. Very fine non scratching even on dirtbike fenders which are softer than the sled hoods. Does wonders on fogged windshields swirl free too. This stuff works so well you will literally go around the house and garage to see what shines better. Right on in to the fiberglass bathroom shower sink etc. Sounds like a sales pitch but it works really well.
Jim

Thanks

Post by Jim »

Hi Hermit,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
Brunestone

Mothers

Post by Brunestone »

I used mothers polish, don't like the ball unless its already got a polish. I own a trucking company. The easiest way i have found is to use Alumibrite...caution only let it sit for a few seconds, the acid will scour the aluminum, spray it off fast. This will leave you with fresh aluminum to polish. I just use 2 rags one for polisihing the other for wiping off. allot of work but the best way I have found