We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

kitty runs great for a few minuits than starves for fuel.

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

oliveoyl

kitty runs great for a few minuits than starves for fuel.

Post by oliveoyl »

I am hoping that someone knows what is possessing my kitty cat :twisted: . It is a 1972, with a kawasaki engine with a kikaki carb. I can get it running by spraying fuel though the carb throte. It runs great. It's responsive, it idles nice, it runs perfect, for a few minuites, might be 3, might be 5, might be longer, and then it dies. At this time it won't start again untill I spray gas in it again. It has a primer bulb and it doesn't have any effect. That little thing on top of the carb, that Artic cat calls the "tickler" :lol: It doesn't seem to do anything either. But when I squeeze the primer bulb, and hold down the "tickler" :lol:, gas squirts out of a little hole. But it still doesn't start without the fuel down the throte. This happens at all temps and it doesn't need seals. Crazy thing. Thanks for reading this long drawn out story.
Asocia1975

Post by Asocia1975 »

you need to replace it. make sure you check the fuel lines to also every few years you might have to replace them as the cold and warm weather tends to crack the fuel line and the primer bulb.