We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

looking for 72 dash console, also no spark

Talk about the oldies, restore, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

ziggy

looking for 72 dash console, also no spark

Post by ziggy »

Hi, new here and restoring a 72, just found and bought a new chaincase cover and belly pan, but need to find a console. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,

Also the motor has good compression, but no spark right now, I'm thinking points and will disassemble, but could use any advice.

Thanks,
Mike
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I think that console is the same through all the years and is still available from the dealer, or check Jon at Olsen Bros. Part number 0302-045. One on ebay a week or so ago didn't sell. Maybe a past search would find it.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

thanks for the reply, I just ordered the console today and John at Olsen Bros. was also helpful.

thanks,
Mike
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

You may want to check into this points-elimination item Roger has. I spoke with him recently and he concluded my coil was good based on the ohmeter, but I'd rather not mess with the chance the old points or condensor are spanked(no current spark) so as soon as I get a chance I'll be oredering one of these. Testing the coil was simple, and with this system my ignition sys should be idiot proof... which is what I want.

his info: 570-491-5812 or email me at rlmccollum@verizon.net
Roger McCollum