We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

1972 Base seals symtoms??? and carb idle circuit??????

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

oliveoyl

1972 Base seals symtoms??? and carb idle circuit??????

Post by oliveoyl »

I got my kitty cat running, with a squirt of gas through the carb, but it won't idle. If it runs well at high end. Could it still be a base seal problem?? Can someone please tell me how a snowmobile acts if the base seals are bad?? It also has a Kekiki carb on a kawasaki engine. The jets look like they are facing the air intake side and the holes in the main nozzle are also facing the air intake side. IS THAT RIGHT??? Can someone tell me how this carb works? and explain the idle circuit?? The kitty didn't run when I got it so I don't know what I am in to. I cleaned the carb really well and made sure every passage is clear but that is all I've done so far.
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

I'd lay odds that it has bad crank Seals.. Next time you get it running.. squirt some ether into he recoil housing. Listen to see if your Rpm's go up .. if so it has Bad Crank Seals. usually they dont idle well and only run (Barely) when you keep giving it gas. if its and old Kitty with a Kawasaki motor and it has never been apart... I can almost guarantee it needs new crank seals
"Any day above dirt is a good one"