We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Crossover system Electronic Ingition for the older Kitty cat

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

blaster

Crossover system Electronic Ingition for the older Kitty cat

Post by blaster »

Just an up date. This is a system that gets ride of the old point problems. It takes over for your points and condenser. It take about 10mins to install and comes with great install pics and instructions. Works on any kitty cat engine that uses points. I take PAYPAL or you can send me a money order. The kits are 60.00 + 8.00 shipping. It is getting very hard to find new point sets out there and if you do they are 45.00 to 55.00. You will never have to mess with the points again. Call
570-491-5812 or email me at rlmccollum@verizon.net and that is also my PayPal address. Or send money order to
Roger McCollum
800 Ave Matamoras,PA 18336

Crossover System
oliveoyl

electronic ignition control

Post by oliveoyl »

I have a 1972 kitty cat that runs with a 6volt flashlight battery. I've heard that this is a common bandade approach to the problem with the ignition system. Do you know if your electronic control would fix this problem? Will I need anything else to make it work??
blaster

Post by blaster »

You will need to have a coil in the motor for my system to work. My kit get rid of the points and still uses the coil. Let me know if you have a coil or did they just make somthing just to get it running? Pics would help also.

Roger
oliveoyl

Post by oliveoyl »

Do you mean an ignition coil because it has that. Or do you mean the stator coil (if that is what it is called) :? Better Question..... Is the coil you are referring to inside the engine or mounted to the bumper/belly :?:
blaster

Post by blaster »

The coil inside. Your engine should not have an exterior coil. If it does it is not a 72. If you have it apart I would like to see a pics if it and I can tell you if my kit will work. I is the easy thing to install.

Roger
oliveoyl

Post by oliveoyl »

Hi I tried to email you a picture but I don't know how. The coil is external the spark plug wire runs over to the belly pan where it is attached to the bumper. The engine number is T5A06051. Is this not a 1972 :? ???