We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty Cat won't pull itself when it's hot

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

jmp2204

Kitty Cat won't pull itself when it's hot

Post by jmp2204 »

This is a great site !

I have a Kitty Cat that will not pull itself from a stand still (hot), but will go along fine a w.o.t. if i give it a good push........Cold it works great but after warm up it pukes(very similar to a full size sled with a broken secondary spring,like it's taking off in 4th gear) Any experience or insight on this?

how can you determine the year on a kitty cat?

how does the clutch (for the chain drive) come off? in 1 piece or outer part first?(it won't just slide off of the shaft)

thanks for your help
dantheman

kitty not moving

Post by dantheman »

i would check all the rollers underneath i am betting one of them or more are totally froze up, also check the main driveshaft bearings make sure it spins freely, brake band might be a bit tight or too loose

check the wheels underneath first
jmp2204

Post by jmp2204 »

thanks for the reply! i did put it up on the stand immediately after it started doing this and pulled the track by hand and it was the same as it was when it was cold....(these do have a fair amount of resistance to turn) only does it warm???? cold it works great(i plan to pull the wheels out of it and the drive and try to make it as friction free as possible. thanks again
jmp2204

Post by jmp2204 »

pulled the wheels and drive out,disassembled all the wheels/shafts cleaned and greased, pulled the drive bearings are good.I suspect maybe the clutch but i cannot get it apart ......any insight?