We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Kitty Cat is FIXED!!

Kawasaki or Suzuki, assembly, disassembly, troubleshooting questions.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

LeEarl

Kitty Cat is FIXED!!

Post by LeEarl »

SO, I take off and run down to Olson Brothers / Tiger Chassis (John and Steve) to have them look at my engine and get it running right. This one was all messed up. The new crank I just put in was WAY out and the cylinder was bad. The rod was burnt and the bearings were out. This all happened after 1 race. Now, my other engine I built is running great, but that one had an old crank it in I knew was good. Sounds like I need to get all my cranks to Olson Bro from now on!! :lol:

SO, we raced this weekend. I put the engine back into my daughters kitty cat on Friday night while we were making an ice track for next week race. I let it run a few times and loaded it in to the trailer. We get to the track the next morning and I let it warm up again. Now it is time to race.

Kenzie (my 6 year old daughter) gets on the sled and rockets around everyone in her heat. It was awesome to watch. Then Jaci (my 4 year old daughter) gets on her sled (the one I built) and runs away from everyone in her heat except 1 sled - which the engine was built by Olson Bro 2 weeks ago :wink:

So the finals are set, Kenzie was seated 1st and Jaci 3rd. The only other sled that was close to Kenzie was the one built by Olson Bro..... It was a great 5 lap race and Kenzie came out on top again. This was her first 1st place final win ever. She was pumped!

The trip was well worth the time and $ and I will do it again next year!!

Thanks to Olson Brothers / Tiger Chassis in Stacy, MN for great service.

kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

Congrats........do I get a lil pat on the back tooo...... :D :D Note: I clearance rods and fix cranks too
1121racinkitty

Post by 1121racinkitty »

BILL ROCKS!!!! PAT PAT!!!
KITTY CATS ROCK!
t-dub13

Post by t-dub13 »

Congrats to the girls and Daddy too for putting in the time and effort!! 8) I've been dying to get my 4yr old daughter into racing, but there's nothing in my state... :cry:
LeEarl

Post by LeEarl »

kidsperformance wrote:Congrats........do I get a lil pat on the back tooo...... :D :D Note: I clearance rods and fix cranks too
Well I guess if I had one done by you and it worked like this one does, then a pat on the back would be in order........ But I think I would have a hard time making a trip out to you for a little crank work :wink:
LeEarl

Post by LeEarl »

t-dub13 wrote:Congrats to the girls and Daddy too for putting in the time and effort!! 8) I've been dying to get my 4yr old daughter into racing, but there's nothing in my state... :cry:
That's too bad. My kids love to race. I know my 4 year old will be a better racer then my 6 year old (much more aggressive)... I love working on the sleds. But some times you just need a little help.
kidsperformance

Post by kidsperformance »

Yes....I agree I do live a lil far from you as far as a a road trip goes....As far as people who work with kitty cats.....we are all great people...any time we do things for our kids just makes us great parents.....my kids remember the fun we had still and they are in there 20's now....and I still like to mess with them :D :D :D