We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Serial numbers, again

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

Gasman

Serial numbers, again

Post by Gasman »

I see a lot of questions on here about serial numbers, "what year is my Kitty", etc. Some answers have helped me, but not fully. I'm 37, and I still have my Kitty that I got when I was 5 (Christmas 1974). I knew it was an early model, but now I'm trying to figure out how early it is. The serial number is KC300006, with a build date of Aug. 1972. The number tells me it's a really early '72, but it has the T5B motor, and I guess I would just assume that the T5A motor would be earlier. What do I have here? I've always been proud of the fact that my Kitty survived the billions of miles of abuse I put it through and is still in great shape (even has the factory-sealed governor still in place). The original silver bumper was replaced with a later model black one after I bent the original one too many times, and the underside of the leopard seat cover ripped up so Dad replaced it with a later model black one. I wish he had saved the original, because I could have just had the bottom re-done, the top was perfect. I plan on doing a full restoration to brand-new condition and keeping it forever, taking it to the occasional vintage show here and there with the '74 el Tigre' I plan on restoring too. I think this site will be very helpful.
harryparatestis

Post by harryparatestis »

Actually a KC3 is a 1973 and that would account for the T5B Motor KC2 are 1972 Models and they have T5A Motors in them Hope this helps you out
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

I started to think about that after I posted the question. The "3" made sense as a '73, which made even more sense with the B motor. So I have a very early '73. Not nearly as fun as a '72 with serial number 6. :wink: