We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Which way do the holes in the tube face?

Carburetors - adjust, rebuild, repair, etc.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

AAC

Which way do the holes in the tube face?

Post by AAC »

Does anyone know with certain which direction the holes in the tube face on the Kikaki carburetors? There has been discussions on this board about this but I have not seen a definitive answer.
I have a 1973 Kitty Cat that runs great at high speed as long as the air filter is left off. There is nothing in the filter, meaning the foam filter ring. Runs great at low speed with or without the filter on.
Holes in the tub are facing the engine, should they be facing the air cleaner? I can turn the tube around and try it but am I finding the real problem.
Does anyone have any thoughts?
snowmobilejack

Re: Which way do the holes in the tube face?

Post by snowmobilejack »

Sorry I don't have the answer for you, but a picture is worth a thousand words. If someone could post some Kikaki carb pictures that would be a good start
AAC

Post by AAC »

Snowmobilejack thanks for responding and you are on the right track. I found a parts diagram and it appears the holes face to the air cleaner. I removed the carb and rotated the tube 180 degrees. The little cat runs fantastic! It just seams backwards. You would think that the air going through the carb would want to pull the fuel out of the tube. So the holes should face the engine side. Not the case! Thanks again.
Alfredevefs

-

Post by Alfredevefs »

ive got these belts that go on the multi tool and on the back they have an arrow to show the direction of rotation. the Problem is that after a while the back gets all this black stuff on it and i cant see the arrow anymore, so is there some other way to tell which way they should go on?
thanks, brett
ziggster

Post by ziggster »

Kikaki is a brand that produces carburetors for a variety of engines, including snowmobiles. The quality and performance of Kikaki carburetors may vary depending on the specific model, as well as how well it is maintained and tuned. It is always a good idea to do research and read reviews from other snowmobilers or mechanics before purchasing a carburetor or any other parts for your snowmobile.

It is important to make sure that the carburetor is the correct size and type for your specific snowmobile model to ensure proper fit and optimal performance. I don't see much conversation on Kikaki carbs here, probably have to post pictures to get some better advice.