We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

deep snow kit

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

earl

deep snow kit

Post by earl »

I am new here, and I am looking for measurements to build a deep snow kit. I have noticed there is info. out there that you can down load, but I seem to be having trouble doing so. Can anyone help me out? thanks
earl

Post by earl »

no one has a deep snow kit that can take some measurements for me?
snowmobilejack

Post by snowmobilejack »

Maybe someone can post some pictures of the deep snow kits also...

That would be a start!
earl

Post by earl »

man is this place hopping!
snowmobilejack

Post by snowmobilejack »

I agree! maybe it's not cold enough yet??
earl

Post by earl »

I decided to make my own deep snow kit, not the prettiest setup seems to work nicely. sure beats paying $160 for one.!
snowmobilejack

Snowmobile Lift Kits

Post by snowmobilejack »

My Kitty is stock and I may invest in a Deep Snow Kit or Kitty Cat Lift kit whatever you prefer to call it...

So I thought I'd do some more reading on the subject and it's been a learning experience. I probably have an hour or more into this post...

I see there were a few members selling them here over the last ten years and I also see from past posts that there has been some question as to who invented it and also who builds the best snowmobile lift kit (deep snow kit).

There were three members that I could find who were selling the Kitty Cat lift kits: dantheman, troyness, and orps parts. After spending quite a bit of time sifting through the old posts, here is what I found:

dantheman gets credit for the earliest mention of a lift kit. He originally posted pictures of this Kitty Cat mod on Tue
Mar 01, 2005. The thread is here: viewtopic.php?p=856&highlight=#856

This picture is from Dan's post...

I also see that dantheman initially posted his drawings to the forum back in Nov 15, 2011 with the title: BUILD YOUR OWN LIFT KIT HERES THE DRAWINGS, but the link to sharefile doesn't work anymore. This post is here, but won't help if you want to see the drawings:

viewtopic.php?t=4571

He then posted a link to his drawings again on Fri Nov 09, 2012, judging by the title block on the drawings, he is not too fond of Jim from ORPS. This post is titled: Print set for lift kit HERE FREE:

viewtopic.php?p=8579

Dan doesn't appear to be selling his kits anymore but ORPS has kits made of stainless currently for sale on their site. It is showing a price of $200.94 with shipping.

I checked eBay and I'm not seeing any for sale there at the moment, but that could change if someone lists them for sale. I buy plenty of things from eBay, it's easy to buy there so I'd prefer to shop there.

As for making your own kit, it seems possible to make a functioning kit with Dan's drawings and dimensions but it seems unlikely you can make these parts as pretty as his unless you have a machine shop with a CNC machine to cut the design.

I may try to make my own, haven't decided just yet...
carlitho

Post by carlitho »

Converting DWG and DXF to JPG or GIF

Is it possible to convert the dwg or dxf files for the snowmobile lift kits to jpg or gif files that we could read them without have a CAD program? I can't open the files.
earl

Post by earl »

sure would help if this info. could be seen by us common folk!

Post by 72 »

earl wrote:sure would help if this info. could be seen by us common folk!
Google, DWG viewer.
earl

Post by earl »

thanks
earl

Post by earl »

my computer has chrome installed in it, so it won't allow me to download damn anyone successful at downloading this info.and care to share it with me?
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

xdanthemanx@hotmail.com

i have pdf's and dxf files
carlitho

Kitty Cat Lift Kits on eBay

Post by carlitho »

There are Kitty Cat lift kits on eBay from ORPS if anyone wants to take the easy way out. They're not cheap, but you can bolt them right on.
blizz93
Site Admin

Post by blizz93 »

Here's the link to eBay if you're interested:

The listing for the lift kits.
orps parts

ORPS PARTS DEEP SNOW KITS

Post by orps parts »

We have restocked and ready to ship,we sell hundreds of these kits every year. For those not wanting to buy on ebay phone our store at (905) 235 7278 and order we ship world wide
Payment by VISA,MASTERCARD,PAYPAL
Regards
Jim
ORPS Parts
1100 Gorham Street Unit 22 & 23
Newmarket ,Ontario Canada
Skidootoronto

Post by Skidootoronto »

Just make it yourself like I did with a jig saw and drill no need to use stainless steel these sled are made of tin anyway just use 1/8 mild steel have plans also people like to overcharge $$$ to make a buck on Our kids happiness bitsImage
1985 kitty cat