We will be refreshing and updating the forum over the next few weeks. You can still register and talk sleds...

Drive Shaft Issues

Kitty Cat chat area, almost anything goes but keep it clean and snowmobile related.

Moderators: Old School, harryparatestis

CR16

Drive Shaft Issues

Post by CR16 »

Ok here is the new problem that I have.

I get the snowmobile running just fine. push the Throttle The drive chain spins just fine on the sprocket. I look underneath and the track doesnt spin, however the shaft that run underneth there spins just fine. However there are 3 white things that look like they line up and drive the track and those do not spin.

Wondering if those things can wear out.

Any help here would be great
CR16

Post by CR16 »

Ok more information as I have dropped the back end of the track.

I Cannot figure out how to get the shaft out of the front end so that I can remove those white pieces to replace them

They are all stripped out

Post by 72 »

CR16 wrote:Ok more information as I have dropped the back end of the track.

I Cannot figure out how to get the shaft out of the front end so that I can remove those white pieces to replace them

They are all stripped out

Inside the tunnel are two bolts on eachside that holds the bearing (flange plates). Both bearings are cam locked to the axel so some channellock pliers are required, just to answer your next question.
snoeproe

Post by snoeproe »

The 2 white plastic track drive sprockets are held in place on the drive shaft with roll pins. It's possible that your roll pins have fallen out and the track drive sprockets are spinning on the drive axle.
1977 Kitty Cat
1992 Kitty Cat